I started this back in May… and finally finished it!! I’ve been reading some of Richard Burton’s translation of One Thousand and One Nights (thanks, Dad!) and thought of doing a portrait of Scheherazade. I decided to make it more of a scene, with the Sultan in the background.
Here is the final painting! My usual, watercolor and acryla gouache. It’s fairly large for me at 12.5×17.5. Trying to work bigger… but it’s hard with the small space I have to work in.
I also have some progress shots! Including some photo reference… I love seeing other artists’ photo reference. Scott and I are the most convenient models we have… hence why a lot of my characters look like us, even when I try to change them!!